Monday, June 29, 2009

This I Believe

Richie Heredia
This I Believe
I believe that what goes around comes around. I believe in “karma”.
Karma is a force that evens out the world. Karma is a force that evens out my actions. I see it as threads that bind me to everything. When I think of karma, I think that everything I do has an opposite reaction. It’s almost like an equation even.
When I was younger I was always a cheerful little kid. Although I was cheerful I had of a habit of getting into trouble. I used to mess with people for no reason. One day while I was in school I tripped a friend of mine named Manny because I thought that it would be funny. He fell and I laughed. While in lunch I tripped on a rock on top of the jungle gym. I was running so fast I flew of and fell right of the slide. After that I wondered what such a big rock was doing in such a weird place. It turns out that when I tripped Manny he got really upset. He had to cool off and he went outside very mad to throw things. He threw a rock and it coincidently landed on the jungle gym. That was the rock I had tripped on. If I had never tripped him he would have never thrown the rock that I tripped on.
A negative outcome is only half the part of karma. The other half is a good outcome. On a summer eve I saw a group of people chasing a little dog. They caught him and they were going to take him to the pound. I figured that they would kill him so I told them that it was my dog. I took it home and took care of it. I put lost signs and walked the dog to see if anyone would recognize him but no one did. About a week later I got a call from the owner and I gave him his dog back. The owner was so grateful that he gave me 200 dollars and I felt great that I had saved a dog’s life.
I’m Richie and I believe in karma!!!

3 comments:

  1. Good job Richie who believes in Karma. That was an entertaining essay. I found humor in the rock karma piece, but there is a serious message there. Good for you. Good writing. You are a writer.

    Instructor Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a good piece but nothing more... I like the fact that you gave an example on both sides. In this essay you tend to fly around and the sentence after the one before can be unrelated. If you could make the sentences fall togther better you would have a great essay. Other than that.... nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ritchie,

    You are a writer, but to be one, you gotta write. There should be at least five posts from last week. Push it this week. Write, write, write.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete