Friday, July 10, 2009

Why I belong
Why do I belong to a university? I belong to a university because I believe that I have earned it. Earning it isn’t enough though is it? I have to keep earning it and working to prove I’m earning it. I always study and do my homework but so does everyone else. What makes me so different that everyone else? The difference is perseverance. I will make sure I persevere because not everyone does. Everyone wants to win but not all can. I always stride to persevere and sometimes I sprint. As long I try, I will persevere. I once heard that “No” is not an option and to me it isn’t. It isn’t to me because that one little magic word, “perseverance”.
I am a writer and I will be a good one. No one can tell you that you are a writer except you. I have never considered myself one but now I do. I do not consider myself a good one but I will work hard to make sure I’m a good one. In order to be good you have to want it and be willing to work for it. One of my old teacher said “The world owes you a living, but you have to work for it.” If I want to be a good writer I have to work for it.
I am a hard worker and I always do all I can to persevere, but is that all? No, I always want to help out. I do all I can to help the community. Just like I help the community where I’m from, I will help the community to which I move to. I am always willing to help no matter what. Last year I had a fever but I was still at the soup kitchen helping the less fortunate. When I had a fractured knee I was still at the local day care helping kids with their homework and playing tag with them. If you put your mind to something you can always accomplish it.
So, why do I belong? Is it because I’m helpful and hard working? That’s not it at all. Everyone belongs and as long as you believe that you do, you will always belong. So again, why do I belong? “I just do”

No comments:

Post a Comment